Recruitment Notice for Postdoctoral Fellows in Wireless Communication Theory Laboratory, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
Academician Norman Beaulieu, fellow of the Royal Society of Canada, Canadian Academy of Engineering and Engineering Institute of Canada, is a special recruited professor in the School of Information and Communication Engineering, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT).
諾曼·比尤利院士是世界無線通信理論領域的頂尖學者，他的科研成果曾多次榮獲國際大獎。他是世界上僅有的兼獲IEEE Edwin Howard Armstrong和IEEE Reginald Aubrey Fessenden兩項獎（章）的學者。這兩個獎項是為了紀念頻率調制（FM）和振幅調制（AM）的發明者而創立，并分別以他們的名字命名。比尤利院士曾多次受邀訪問加拿大美國麻省理工學院、不列顛哥倫比亞大學等和意大利多所歷史悠久的大學。在意大利，他被授予了“哥白尼學者”稱號。此外，他曾擔任通信領域知名期刊“IEEE Transactions on Communications”的主編。
Academician Beaulieu is widely recognized as one of the top researchers in the world in wireless communication theory. He holds many Fellowships, Awards, and Medals for his research accomplishments. He is the only researcher in the world who holds both the IEEE Edwin Howard Armstrong Award named for the inventor of frequency modulation, FM, and the IEEE Reginald Aubrey Fessenden Medal named for the inventor of amplitude modulation, AM. Professor Beaulieu is a frequent invited visitor to the University of British Columbia in Canada, to MIT in the USA, and to several historic Universities in Italy where he is a Copernicus Fellow. He is also a former Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Communications, the world’s highest quality journal in telecommunications research.
根據諾曼·比尤利院士及學校工作需要，現招收數名博士后研究人員。研究領域面向“5G及更高領域”的理論、大規模天線技術（Massive MIMO）和認知無線電（Cognitive Radio）等方面。院士目前的研究課題中有代表性的有：用于減少異構網絡中干擾的低占空比無線傳輸方案、與干擾統計數據相匹配的高級信號恢復進程、三至多倍增加網絡支持的用戶數目的顛覆性技術、減少信號采樣和延遲且具有更高性能的新型信號及信道參數估計的方法、兩兩獨立、非相互獨立的估計方法以減少實驗觀察值數目，以及關于大規模MIMO有利傳輸的局限性和潛力的完備理論。
Professor Beaulieu is looking to recruit several Post Doctoral Fellows to work with him on futuristic theory and technologies for Beyond 5G, massive MIMO, and cognitive radio. Project topics include low-duty cycle wireless transmission schemes for interference mitigation in heterogeneous networks, superior signal recovery procedures matched to the statistics of the interference, disruptive technologies that increase the number of users supportable simultaneously by the network three-fold or more, novel channel and signal parameter estimators that achieve improved performance with fewer samples and delay, the application of pairwise rather than mutual independence in estimation to reduce the number of empirical observations, and a complete theory of the limitations and potentials of favourable propagation for massive MIMO. Research assistants are also strongly encouraged to formulate their own project topics and ideas that may be pursued after vetting.
More details are as follows:
(1) The applicant should have high moral standards and good health;
(2) The applicant should be under 35 years old; it should be less than three years since the applicant obtained his or her doctoral degree, or the applicant has passed the oral defence of the doctoral dissertation and is about to obtain the degree;
(3) English proficiency is needed. The applicant should have potential for publishing papers on high-standard SCI journals and A-category domestic journals;
(4) The applicant should have a strong academic background, profound theoretical knowledge as well as rich practice and experience in relevant research fields.
Annual salary of 280,000-400,000RMB
3. Application Procedures
(1) Contact Academician Norman Beaulieu and submit Application Form for Post Doctoral Fellow in Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications;
(2) Provide materials as required in the Application Form;
(3) Academician Beaulieu will interview applicants and hire qualified ones.
(4) After the interview, please submit the Application Form to the Postdoctoral Affairs Office (Room 427, No. 1 Teaching Building).
(1) Academician Norman Beaulieu: firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Postdoctoral Affairs Office: Ms.Zhang, Tel: 010-62282667/Email address: email@example.com